Saturday, January 13, 2018

Greetings From Edon, Ohio

We lived in Edon, Ohio from 1961-1963.
image
post card Edon pink glitter093 (2)
I found these postcards on eBay a few years ago and I love the style of them. They are from 1909 and 1917. The postage to send them was a penny!
I have many fond memories of the short time we lived there. Almost 10 years ago I reconnected with our long lost couple friends from there. Sally and I now live 15 miles from each other and see each other often. Grace was able to come from Omaha, Nebraska to visit us a few years ago.
More recently I found a mail list from the area and joined. I am now in close touch with several people from Edon. Only one still lives there. All of us treasure those years. People were very welcoming and friendly.
It was a great place to live. When we lived there the population was around 500. As of the 2010 census the population was slightly over 800.
So here’s to you my Edon friends: Sally Rue, Grace and Vern Thomsen, Nancy Herman Dunnavan, Karen Jones, Carol Darr Moore and Dan Thiel.
55 years and counting since we left Edon!

No comments: