Monday, January 29, 2018

What Do I Get From Writing My Blog? Part 2

If you read the post about my works in progress I have an explanation how I ended up with so many. The lessons I taught were mostly original projects. That meant creating a prototype and one or more examples to use as I taught the lessons. Many times I created a pattern, either for students to trace or possibly even had it printed.

Many projects never got finished back then as I went right on to the next design and project.

It was rare that something I started got finished soon after I taught it, but it did happen occasionally.
Recently quite a few of those older worthwhile projects have made it to completion.
diamondquilttopfinish1_thumb3image_thumb15
There are still many others that are worth completing. Sometimes I change them from the original plan. These two are high priority projects. The one on the left started out to be 4 small projects.
I still have not resolved how I will finish the one on the right.

Some of those WIPs have now been finished. Others have been either given away or most likely never will be finished.
It’s the excitement of creating new work in new ways that continues to excite me.
Life also got in the way and that was not necessarily a bad thing. Family and friends mean so much to me and without them my life would be empty.
If you read my blog then you understand how important these other parts of my life are to me. They also are beneficial to my art.
This blog is a great reference for me when I want to know when I did something, what date the flowers bloomed, and anything else I can’t quite remember what date if happened.

No comments: