Tuesday, January 30, 2018

What Do I Get From Writing My Blog Part 3

Along the way another thing that kept me from finishing things was the process of getting my work ready for shows. I also suffered burn out after my solo shows or large projects like the 8 KING size Millennium quilts I made for my grandchildren, each with 2000 different fabrics. In addition I exchanged fabrics with hundreds of people all over the world while I was making them.
imageIMG_2157
Currently I create with fabrics as an artist and I hope when you see my work it will add pleasure to your day and life.
My current work involving my Ice Tapestries is my own proprietary method. I copyright all the work I create. Each piece is unique and the ideas come from somewhere deep inside me from my 78 years of living.
Almost everything I create is available for sale. When you acquire a piece of my art I hope it adds to the quality of your life. Art can provide happiness, enjoyment, healing  and therapy in your life and beauty to your surroundings. .
Creating is my passion which is as necessary to me as breathing.
I never could have dreamed or planned the life I am living. I know I overuse the work serendipitous but it is the way I have always lived my life and it has worked for me.
Since I put so much of myself in my posts, I document all my blogs in a book I have printed every year. I enjoy looking back at these books and see how I have lived these most recent years.
So whether you follow my blog, get daily notices when I post or just check in occasionally I am happy to share my art and adventures with you.

1 comment:

The Joyful Quilter said...

WOW!!! You made 8 Y2K quilts?!?! 18 years later and I haven't finished (or started) my first.) The quilt shown is gorgeous!!