Friday, February 13, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day to all my friends and family


Many years ago I made this skirt and vest to wear for Valentine season. Everything was hearts - the fabric, the trim and the quilting. I wore it with a white lacey blouse.
When I look at this I think my fabric choices weren't very sophisticated and if I did it today my choices would have been very different.
Then I realize I did the best anyone could with the fabrics available during that time period.

This is the back of the vest with one large quilted heart. I never thought my hand quilting was very good but when I look at it now it looks good. It was easy to get even stitches as there is no batting in this vest.

I was playing around with Corel Photo Paint trying to make the heart on the back easier to see. I thought this was an interesting version of the photo! I think all the hearts are more obvious here.

I love vintage valentines and tonight's puzzle is one of my favorites. Happy Valentines Day to you.
Click to Mix and Solve

1 comment:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

the vest reminds me of the Leslie Claire Greenburg pattern. You are right about the fabrics, it is all there was available at the time.