Thursday, February 5, 2009

A little of this and a lot of that


Why do I have a photo of my computer along with all these Post-it Notes in this blog???
I just heard that you could use Post-it Notes to clean your keyboard. Sounded like one of those helpful hints that are probably more work and less effective than the way a person normally does things.
I thought I'd try it. (I recently thought I had blown all the lint out of my keyboard with canned air but in reality all I probably did was push it deeper under the keys.
I've been having trouble with the keys sticking and making mega typing errors.
So I tried it - kinda like flossing your teeth, but using a Post-it Note on your keyboard with the sticky side down and sliding it under the keys and running it along the row of keys and also between them. I couldn't believe what I got out from under the keys. I'm not done yet - I know there's more under there.
The keys are working so much better. Now when I have those typing errors I can't blame the sticky keys.

Tomorrow my son and family arrive for a short visit to see my show on Saturday. They've also offered to help me get some things done around here that I need to do before Monday.
My other son has said he can make a disc of Jared's appearance on the Super Bowl broadcast that was watched by an all time record 98.7 million viewers.
I'm trying to compare my appearance on Simply Quilts Episode 426- maybe five minutes with his appearance on the Super Bowl - 8 seconds. I don't think they even show those older Simply quilts shows in reruns or on the internet any more. If anyone knows otherwise let me know.
Then if you multiply by the number of viewers and divide by the time I think he's still ahead of me as far as being famous!


I received an email from someone who has known me for a long time. She asked me if I was a blonde now. Look at the photo of me at the top of the right hand column or above. Does that look like a red head or a blonde? You're right - it's me and I am a red head. I'm not sure where she got the idea I might be a blonde???? In my heart and mind I'll always be a red head.

I’m a Guest Blogger on Quilting Gallery
As I mentioned last night I was invited to be a guest blogger and you can click on the Guest Blogger banner or square and you it should go right to my post for them.

Tonight's puzzle is the Guest Blogger banner resized.
Click to Mix and Solve

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

and in my mind and heart I'll always be a brunette, so where did that gray come from?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this keyboard cleaning tip! Mine sure needs it and will get it tonight!