Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Miniature quilts


Southwest Splendor is a miniature quilt made using 1/4 inch strips of fabric. This gives you an idea of the size of the quilt. I added a touch of copper lame as an accent. Both of these quilts are done with a cream background. Almost all my other miniature quilts use a black background.


Progressions 1 is also done with 1/4 inch strips. Each braid has a different color progression. When I hand quilted this I did not want any drawn lines to show. Before I stitched a line I would take my needle and "trace" a line with the point of the needle.

I haven't done any miniature quilts for quite some time. I have several that need finishing.

Tonight's puzzle is Progressions 1.
Click to Mix and Solve

3 comments:

Eva said...

Outstanding! The graphic clarity reminds me of Piet Mondrian, but then again there is the traditional symmetry. It is a bridge between home craft and De Stijl.

Vicki W said...

LOVE those!

Robin said...

When I visit your blog now (past few days) the puzzle doesn't show up. Help - I love doing them