Sunday, May 24, 2009

Other BRC quilts in same series


If you have been reading my blog for a long time you have seen Sangria before. The strips for this were cut at the same full day BRC session that I cut the strips for Fantasia and Fantasia 2. This was one of the very first times I used yellow in a quilt. I didn't like yellow. It hung on the wall for quite some time before I finished it as I got used to the yellow. To me this was a yellow quilt. My son did not like green and to him this was a green quilt.


I also cut the strips for Evolution in the same session. When I get started nothing stops me! I made several groups of strata. One night I realized I needed a quilt for a class demonstration so made this from the strata I had created. I was so pleased with it I didn't use it in the class, but made another simpler composition for the class demo. In private collection



I had no idea what I was going to do with all these strips when I cut them. I just knew I could make something wonderful with them.
If you study these quilts closely you may find the same fabrics in more than one of them.

These were the beginning of many quilts made with strips and strata but most of them were ARC.

Sangria is tonight's puzzle.
Click to Mix and Solve

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the colours and design