Monday, June 1, 2009

Wearable Art revisited


In my last post I referred to my Glad Rags pattern. This is what it looks like. It is made with torn and slightly fringed strips of fabric in a close value and hue. The lining is a print that coordinates with the outside.
They are woven together and stitched to a print base. It is one of those designs that makes you look 20 pounds lighter. I had one person say "Then I'll take two."


The Great Spirit Shirt is another one of my designs. It features a theme print and a solid print. The solid color bargello patchwork ties the two fabrics together.


I taught a workshop with this shirt as the project and they were kind enough to send me a photo in their finished shirts. I really appreciated that. Unfortunately I can't remember exactly where this was. If anyone recognizes this please let me know and I'll add it to the post.

Thanks to these students for sending me their picture. I'm honored to have them appear as tonight's puzzle.
Click to Mix and Solve

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Wow, I made one of those jackets. Gave it to my sister, I wonder where it went after she shuffled off this mortal coil? That was also when I discovered I was not a fan of doing Seminole piecing, but I so appreciate looking at it.

Mary Stori said...

Kay, it was great fun seeing your garments again!