Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Is This The Real Santa?

My friend Beth Sherman makes the most fantastic Santas.
I have purchased two for gifts for friends this Christmas.
When I saw this one yesterday I had to have it for myself.

I have a feeling he will be traveling to Wisconsin to spend the holidays where it is colder!


His coat and hat are velvet and I believe they are trimmed in maribou?


My friend Ethel made this really wonderful personal red work towel for me. On it I am industriously hand quilting on of my quilts in my floor hoop. I usually expect people to use the pretty towels I hang in the kitchen or bath, but this one will be "hands off"!

I have the most talented friends.

Our Quilt Art group met at my house yesterday since our usual meeting place was being used by someone else.

I am only sorry I did not take photos of all the wonderful things each person brought to show and share. There were some absolutely amazing things made by my amazing friends.

I promise to do better at that in the future.

No comments: