I finished knitting this shawl/scarf over a year and a half ago. I have moved it from place to place waiting to block it.
Last night I picked it up and decided there was no time like the present. I thought I’d pin it to my ironing table and steam it.
It is composed of different yarns of varying fiber contents. It was on of those pricey skeins that I was so attracted to when I saw it at the Yarn Lady.
Through trial and error I came up with my own design to best show off the textures, colors and variety of yarns.
After getting it pinned to the table I got the bright idea to spray it with distilled water. It only took me 15 minutes to find the spray bottle filled with water. It was less than 3 feet from where I was working!
I sprayed it until it was quite wet. I turned on the overhead fans in the studio.
When I woke up this morning it looked great. Even though the yarns were different weight, by blocking the edges were now even and you could see the texture I had created.
You can see the stitches and the open work, and it drapes so much nicer now.
It also increased in size tremendously. Before blocking it was really skimpy in size.
I am looking forward to wearing it. It will look great with one of the scarf pins I have.
Putting this puzzle together may be quicker finding my spray bottle of water!