Thursday, October 2, 2008

Getting ready for my trip to the Crow Timber Frame Barn in Ohio

I thought I'd have everything packed by now. I'll be working right up until the time I leave on Saturday to fly to Columbus. Once I arrive I'll get my rental car, wait for my friend Sue's flight to arrive from London and drive to our motels in Pickerington.
Once we get there we have dinner plans which you'll hear about later.
So tonight I'm still packing and getting some boxes ready to send Priority Mail so I can travel lighter. I'll be there for 2 weeks. The first week I am taking Carol Soderlund's Color Mixing for Dyers Part II. The second week I am taking Jan Myers-Newbury's Shibori II: A Design Focused Continuation.
It will be a very intense, enjoyable and educational two weeks.
I have taken classes from both of these instructors before and they are both excellent.
I am sharing a photo of a quilt top I made from fabric I dyed in classes with both of these instructors. It is not quilted yet in the photo. I will be including this in my upcoming solo show.

When I made this quilt it was a matter of pulling out fabrics and letting them tell me what they wanted me to do with them. I'm pleased with what they told me.

No comments: