Thursday, April 9, 2009

Is it a quilt or is it clay? and The main course!


This is the first journal quilt I made. One of my goals which I have been accomplishing slowly is to integrate my work in polymer clay with my quilts.
For this piece I sliced up some of my complex clay canes into very thin slices and applied them to a sheet of black clay. I then rolled the whole thing until it was very thin. I used a liquid polymer and applied the clay to the hand dyed fabric and baked it so they are one piece.
The quilting is a simple machine echo quilting around the clay sheet. I chose matching binding as I did not want to take the eye away from the clay piece. I was quite satisfied with this piece.
I received an email asking me what was the main course I served last night.
It was Easy Chicken Casserole. It was one of the recipes I used when I taught Foods classes.
I have served this to family and friends many times and everyone always loves it. I make notes on my recipes and on this one I wrote "Easy is right" and "Excellent".
So I'll share this recipe with you. Let me know the response if you serve it.

Easy Chicken Casserole
1 cup uncooked regular white rice
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 package dehydrated onion soup mix
1 1/2 soup cans milk
1 large fryer, cut in serving pieces
Salt and pepper

Mix together the rice, soups and milk.
Place in a 3 quart casserole. Put the chicken on top, skin side down and add salt and pepper to taste.
Make this 3 hours ahead of time.
Place in a preheated 250 degree oven, uncovered for 3 hours. Turn the chicken over once. That's all.
Serves 4

Tonight's puzzle is the first Journal quilt.
Click to Mix and Solve

4 comments:

lesthook said...

I would have never guessed that was clay and material!Wow!

Norma Schlager said...

Very kewel!

Eva said...

If you cook as brilliantly as you treat clay, it must be yummy!

Barbara Strobel Lardon said...

Very interesting!