Sunday, March 13, 2011

Circle Inset Quilt - Design Process - Part 5


Today was a busy day.
I finished sewing the quilt together.
I am always amazed at how much better a quilt looks when you don't see the white spaces between the blocks.
Next comes the quilting. I think about how I am going to quilt something as I work on it.
Sometimes an idea comes and other times I have to wait - and the waiting can take a few hours, a few days or even a few years.
I expect to start quilting this one tomorrow. I will probably do a small practice piece so I can see that the thread, needle and design I plan on using will work.

5 comments:

Ellen Lindner said...

Very nice, Kay! I love the colors!

Kay Webb said...

Nice, I love it without the white lines also....:)

Will write you an email tonight, right now, out to cut the grass, all is just great........later,
you know who....:)

Anonymous said...

Awesome work. I love it

Mary Ann Littlejohn said...

Enjoyed following your progress.

Anonymous said...

I really like this piece. Not sure if knowing the "process" adds to my enjoyment? or if the color blue? guess it is best not to over think it and just enjoy the looking...