Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Focus On Fiber Retreat -Part 6 - Indigo Dyeing

I mentioned previously that I was not at all excited about doing indigo dyeing.
Now I am in LOVE with it.



This is one of the small pieces I did. The texture I got from simply scrunching and dyeing this is absolutely amazing.
This is Kona cotton.



I dyed this piece of Kona in the same scrunched bundle and the shading is quite different.



This was pole wrapped to get this texture. The fabric is a cotton/linen damask.
The damask adds another dimension to the texture I got from the pole wrapping.



This silk scarf was also pole wrapped. I did some folds before wrapping it.
My girlfriends said this is my new best color to wear.


I have plans to wear the scarf this week when I go out to dinner.
I am anxious to work with the other fabrics to create something quite wonderful.

9 comments:

Janet Jo Smith said...

Beautiful fabrics!

JacksonFabricArts said...

Very beautiful! I have an indigo kit I'm itching to break out once the weather warms up a bit.

Sue Andrus said...

I LOVE your results with the Indigo dye!! Beautiful!!

Judy said...

Hi Kay!
Beautiful indigo! I would love to try it sometime but the opportunity has not presented itself YET!

xo

deanna7trees said...

beauties.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely amazing. I am jealous :LOL

Anonymous said...

for me, indigo dyeing is always magical. I don't know anyon who has tried it that hasn't loved it; setting up to do it, until the new dyes, was always what stopped most people from continueing.

Judy Warner said...

I love blue and this inspires me to try an indigo dyeing class.

Gayle Bong said...

And to think its like my favorite shade of blue. Just been thinking of getting into dyeing. This might have convinced me. Check back with me on that later.