Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Doing My Job - Ladies Who Lunch

Today I met another long time friend, Jean to have lunch. For those of you new to this blog, you may not know that it is our "job" as ladies in Florida to lunch.


She suggested we go here. I ordered the ribs although I didn't expect them to be as good as my favorite rib place - Oakwood.
They were excellent, as were the sweet potato fries we each ordered.



Our table outside was within a few feet of the water. Yes, it was another perfect weather day in Paradise! We could see the boat carrying passengers for a ride around the lake.



This sign reminds us NOT to feed the alligators. We didn't see one while we were there.
We did see other "wild life". There were a lot of birds on the railing and the sidewalk. There were pails of peanuts on the tables. Every so often a bird would swoop in and take off with a peanut in his mouth. I tried to get a photo but it almost seemed like they knew what I was doing and didn't want to be caught in the act.


These were some of the flowers in the landscape as we made our way to the car when we finished lunch.



I had to take a photo of this '57 Chevy golf cart that was in the parking lot.
Golf carts are a major method of transportation in The Villages.


I made it home and plopped down in my chair and turned on the TV. Before I knew it I had napped away a big slice of my afternoon!

Tomorrow I'll be working at my job again - out for lunch with another long time friend!

Only 7 more days of work and then I'll join my snowbird friends and family "Up North"!

No comments: