Thursday, May 19, 2011

Fiber Postcards

All of these postcards were ones I made and sent to my youngest grandson. I hope he is enjoying receiving them.


Of course I have to send a flamingo from Florida.


I asked him if the robins are back in Wisconsin yet.



And I also asked him if there are cardinals in his yard.



His favorite color is green so when I found this fish fabric with a green background I had to make a card with it.



One of his favorite Christmas presents was his Gator Golf game so that is why I made this one to send him.



What boy doesn't like Superman?

It is so much fun to make these. I have acquired quite a collection of novelty fabrics while on this journey. Since these are for a child I have made them quite simple with little other than the novelty fabrics. Occasionally I fuse something else onto them.

I also do ones that are slightly more complex for older children and adults. They can be an inside joke, or the idea can come from something someone may say.

3 comments:

Eva said...

Oh these are wonderful! I could think of them being published in a pack of 6 pieces as art prints. Even on paper, they would not loose their charms.

Mary Stori said...

What a great way to stay in touch with a grandchild!!! So clever!

ShereeSews said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.