Sunday, May 1, 2011

Yarn, Glorious Yarn

I have mentioned the yarn shop in our area on previous posts.

Yesterday I was heading to the grocery store and my car decided to take a detour to the Yarn Lady to pick up some size 0 bamboo sock needles.


These are some of the yarns I bought - all for specific projects.
Aren't they lucious?


More yarns for specific projects. There are two darker ones here - both definitely Kay colors!



These are some of the patterns to complete these projects. I can't wait to get started.

And yes, I DID get the needles I went there for.

I feel so fortunate to have Yarn Lady a few miles away from me. She has a vast excellent selection of yarn. I would say it is the best yarn shop anywhere, bar none.

There are many samples in the shop.

She is so knowledgable about yarns and patterns.

The selection of books and patterns is large and fantastic.

If it is wonderful, you'll find it here.

What more could a girl want?

Well, maybe 48 hours in a day!

And in case you are wondering, I did get to the grocery store and got everything on my list!

3 comments:

Shirley Goodwin said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

GerryART said...

These luscious, yummies are definitely MY COLORS.
You are one lucky gal to have such a shop.
Hugs.
Gerry

Anonymous said...

I just bought the yarn and pattern to make that ribbed and ruffled scarf in the center of your picture (for my Mom). :) What colors are you going to do? I got a variegated soft pastel colored yarn for Mom as she likes soft colors.

:) Linda