Looking at this piece I decided it needed more purple.
I found this piece in my palette. It was created with Elmer’s Blue School Glue as a resist. It sat for at least 10 years before I dyed it purple. I wasn’t even sure the glue would come out but it did.
When I placed this behind the work in progress I could see how it would work.
Here you can see the purple added to the work. I have also added several other sections. As usual a lot of this will be trimmed off. When I work with free form curved piecing I try to leave a lot of extra fabric as I add each piece which allows me to decide how much to trim and how much to keep.
This has been on the design wall since I finished working on it last night. Looking at it this morning with fresh eyes I know how I want to proceed for the next few steps.