Monday, April 7, 2014

How I Create–Part 5

image

The quilting is finished.

All the quilting was done with a medium taupe color thread. It blends well with all the fabrics.

The quilting is every bit as important as the design and piecing.

I make decisions about how it will be quilted as I go.

On this piece I started with the center patterned section and worked out from there.

I could have handled the quilting in several different ways on this one, but I feel this was the most appropriate.

The only thing left is to trim it, add the facing and casing and sign it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Kay it is gorgeous !!!

Robbie said...

How cool!!!

Createology said...

Every detail in your work really brings it to life. This is stunning. Creative Stitching Bliss...

Bonnie said...

Great quilt.The quilting really adds to it.