I did an experiment to see if there was any benefit from batching my ice dyes for 48 hours instead of the 24 hours I had been using.
There was no overall benefit.
This gave me with 4 pieces of ice dyed fabric with very similar colors.
2 were mandalas
2 were overall patterns.
I cut them up and created checkerboards by combining them in different combinations.
The squares for this one were cut from the mandalas. I alternated squares from each one to form the checkerboard.
This was created by alternating squares from the mandala on the right and the all over patterned fabric on the left.
This was created by alternating squares from the mandala on the left and the all over patterned piece on the left.
The all over piece on the right was used to bind all three pieces.
It was an interesting experiment and it gave me three different but all softly shaded pieces. I really enjoyed designing and creating these.