Monday, August 17, 2015

Criss Crossed Quilt

This is my most recent finish.
image
This was a challenge to create with the 1/8 inch red insets. Parts of it are from fabric I designed on Spoonflower.
The black/gray section is my shibori fabric and the red is a solid hand dyed fabric.
image
The fabric I used to back it reminds me of a crossword puzzle.
I like to finish the back of most of my quilts with facings and a casing to hang them. This was no exception.
Although you may have heard I have a goal of imperfection, that is not the case with my quilts. I may be the queen of facings as mine are perfection and help the quilts hang perfectly.

1 comment:

Gayle from MI said...

I like the looks of the facing but have a hard time getting mine to look nice. The corners almost always look like bunny ears. I need to rember they are not collars!