Friday, August 14, 2015

Quilt! Knit! Stitch! In Portland Oregon August 13, 14, 15, 2015

My friend Bill Volckening took pictures of my Autumn Ombre Ensemble in the show. Thanks so much Bill, I really appreciate your photography skills.

I was impressed that the stand even coordinated with the clothing!

This is a closer view of the patchwork on the coat and shirt.

This is the description I sent for the show.

 

Autumn Ombre was inspired by my favorite season.

I used my Blue Ribbon No Sweat Checkerboard Shirt pattern for the shirt but used twice as many colors as my pattern called for.

The main fabric was a fine quality cotton sateen. The other fabrics were a mixture of 100% plain and polished cottons as well as blends.

For the coat I combined several of my Blue Ribbon patterns and made adjustments for an original design. It features the same piecing as on the shirt.

The coat was hand quilted with a polyester lining to make it easy to slip in and out of. I split batting in half and used just ½ of a layer to give it just enough shape and body.

The skirt was an original draft to compliment the coat.

 

The exhibit showcased some of the very best garments from the Fairfield Fashion Show over the years.

I felt honored they chose one of my garments to display.

1 comment:

Robin said...

Exquisite! Is this just for show or do you wear it?