Wednesday, March 14, 2018

How Did I Become The Queen Of Ice?

The journey started when I was a toddler and my Mom dressed me in a teal corduroy dress for my studio photo. This was my perfect color to wear even though at the time I am sure I didn’t realize it.
Over the years color and fabric have been my passion and I have never strayed far from that path.
image
Although Sacred Spirits is not included in this show it shows you the breadth of what I have achieved with my technique.
I’ve taken fabric dyeing classes occasionally but my own research and development are responsible for what I have achieved.
I was christened the QUEEN OF ICE by Sita Rao who I met in a dyeing class in Ohio, even though we live relatively close to each other.
It was the ART I was able to infuse into my own proprietary method of ice dyeing that made me deserving of the honor she bestowed on me.

No comments: