Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Ladies Who Lunch After A Long Absence

image
Gina Skillings and I met in a fiber arts class about 7 years ago taught my Linda Dawson. It was a wonderful class and we kept in touch until about 2 years ago when all of a sudden she didn’t post on her blog and her Etsy store was closed. I kept checking and about 2 weeks ago I found she had posted again on her blog.
Imagine my surprise when I found out she had moved very close to where I live. So today we got together to catch up and have lunch. We had lunch at our clubhouse and sat in "my" booth. Even without any reservations they always save it for me! and everyone there knows which one it is when I ask if "my" booth is empty!
What a special day getting to see her again. Of course we still have a lot of catching up to do and hope we’ll see each other again soon.
She is an artist who works with both clay and fiber and I have purchased several things from her and I love them.

 imageimage
She brought me the greatest little notebook she made to keep in my purse that closes with one of her hand made buttons and also one of her little hanging ornamental pieces similar to ones I had also bought from her previously.
I am hoping her Etsy shop will be up and running again soon. Her work is so special, heartfelt and so unique.

1 comment:

Gina said...

It was great to see you again Kay and I loved seeing your gorgeous works in person and so enjoyed the tour of your beautiful home! Thank you for lunch and the catch-up and I look forward to our next get-together.