Sunday, June 10, 2012

Almost A Potato Chip Quilt!

My friend Pauline sent me this photo of a quilt she made using the idea I use to make a potato chip quilt.

Paulinespotatochipquilt

This is what she had to say about it:

Kinda, sorta a potato chip quilt?

After seeing your tutorial, I thought "what a great idea!!"

I made a 3" wide strip that ended up just over 216 feet long. Then, I folded the strip and sewed it using the potato cop directions. I used 3" strips & a longer length so I would end up with a quilt 80"x80".

Still didn't make a dent in my black & white strips I cut for my last quilt ;-)

Hers is bigger and there are no chips.

She has so much going on and she did it masterfully.

Pauline LOVES black and white and you might guess it when you see this quilt!

I have to say “I absolutely LOVE this quilt.”

This method is a great tool in your quilting tool box. What are you going to use it for?

2 comments:

The Inside Stori said...

Oh my gosh...I love this quilt too and I have lots of b/w's to use up as well.....GREAT idea!!

Pauline said...

Glad you like it Kay. Still have lots of hand-dye scraps & black & white strips left over.