Sunday, June 24, 2012

Jared’s Jams

Jared's Jams

I enjoyed spending time with my grandson Jared yesterday. I asked him if he would like to make some Strawberry and Raspberry jam with me and he said he would.

We made freezer jams and he did most of the work!

We made one batch of each. This is our yield from the two batches – minus two containers Julie took to his other grandma and the one container we taste tested.

It is now ready to go into the freezer and/or refrigerator.

It is delicious – nothing like homemade jams and jellies!

1 comment:

Robbie said...

Brings back memories of living on the farm! I loved having home made jams...especially in the winter. The strawberry just tasted SO good then! We hardly ever went to the grocery store except for bread and lunch meat. Everything else was raised or grown on the farm! What memories you are making with your grand son!