Sunday, February 26, 2012

Academy Awards for Pinterest What Were They Thinking Ideas!

How much is your time worth?

Since I have been on Pinterest I have found many great things.

I have also found some things that make me think "What were they thinking?"
"Do they have nothing else to do with their time?"
So I am awarding each of these a "Gertrude" for the time and energy they spent coming up with and executing these ideas!


Is it really necessary to cover your tape measure? Yes, this earns a "Gertrude".


What new mother has time to make a strap to hold the diapers together? I fact does she have time to put the diapers in this strap each and every time she needs some?
Another perfect "Gertrude" idea!


I haven't figured out how one would benefit from putting tags like these on your clothes in the closet. This earns the "Gertrude" for the best waste of time to use up scraps too small to use!


By the time you cover the inside and outside of your cereal boxes with fabric and take an hour or two to do this you could have bought some pretty expensive magazine holders! This gets the "Gertrude" for the way to spend the most money for something you could have bought for less!

BEST PICTURE OF THE YEAR AWARD

I can't quite understand how anyone would want to make their own hair curlers with fabric and polyester fiberfill. You will need to make a buttonhole and sew on a button for each one. This one gets my "Gertrude" for the Best Picture Of The Year!

Your mileage may vary and you may think some of these are wonderful. For me using an hour or two of time to use up scraps of fabric or yarn making something that is borderline useful or attractive with scraps too small to use is not my idea of how to use my precious time.

And if I have used your idea on this post I apologize to you. These are my personal opinions and I hope you take it in the fun spirit it was intended.

5 comments:

Carole said...

Very entertaining!! I had a great aunt named Gertrude would have been tickled to have an award like this share her name! Have to agree that some of these ideas are "over the top" and maybe could wait until all the quilts in my head are made first! Thanks for the fun!

Ulla's Quilt World said...

Your quilts/crafts are so fantastic! It's so nice to find other quilters all around the world!
www.quiltworld2.blogspot.com
Hugs, Ulla (from Finland)

Kay Koeper Sorensen said...

Oh , thank you Linda for the Great Big Gorgeous Gertrude!
I'll miss taking a class from you at FOF this year.
It was so great last year.

Dolores said...

I agree with you - total waste of time, effort and fabric.
BTW, in order to save time for your commenters, you could take off the word verification. Google has a spam filter built in.

Gale Wrigley said...

I do sooo love Pinterest, but agree on some of the things out there. Indeed, what were they thinking? Well I guess some people are aspiring Marthas but I'm not one of them. Those couple of hours spent covering the cereal box would be better spent (for me) cutting out another quilt (or at least picking fabrics for same).
Love the Gertrude idea!