Saturday, February 25, 2012

Busy Bee's Quilt Show in Belleview

I went to the quilt show this afternoon.
I'd like to share just a few of the quilts with you. There were many really nice ones.


This was made by my friend Beth Sherman. I was not able to get far enough away when I took the picture to get all the borders in the photo. Beth's workmanship is impeccable.


"Affairs Of The Heart" was appliqued and hand quilted by Ruth Sibley. Her workmanship and choice of fabrics was beautiful.


"Geisha With Parasol" was made and quilted by Jody Webb. This quilt had it all. It is not easy to use embellishments on a quilt. So often they just look like someone added something because the quilt wasn't working. The embellishing Jody did was an integral part of the design and the quilt.


This is just one example of an embellishment she used on this piece.

Today was a beautiful day and it was made complete seeing this show and a lot of my friends and neighbors at the show.

8 comments:

Linda Teddlie Minton said...

Beautiful pictures, thanks for posting them! Wish I could have been there.

Pat Bishop said...

Lovely quilts, thanks for posting Kay.

Fran said...

Your friend Beth is very clever, I love the whimsical flowers and birds. Her own design, and can I buy it somewhere?

Kay Koeper Sorensen said...

Beth's quilt is Whimsical Garden" by Goldsmith and Jenkins. You should be able to find it by doing a google search. Her's looks so different than the original. she used 83 fabrics!

Anonymous said...

Your friend Beth quilt is great fun! And this day has been beautiful over a wide area of the USA. Spring has hit Texas.

Dolores said...

I like the way the first two quilts used up the whole block with the applique. I really dislike seeing an applique quilt where there is a design in a block that really should have been put on a smaller block.

Robbie said...

Darn! Wish I had known you were going to the show, Kay! I would have met up with you. I haven't posted my pics from the show yet!! Just a tad behind!

Sharon Siacci said...

Love Beth's quilt. It's really gorgeous.