Monday, July 9, 2012

Surface Design Quilt Quilted

image

I created these fabrics and pieced this top a little over 2 years ago. It often takes me that long (or more) to decide how I am going to quilt something. The gold fabric was created with flour paste resist and then paint was added. The black and navy fabrics were painted.

I’m pleased with the quilting and will be finishing this very soon.

image

This is a closeup of the quilting.

This quilt is more subtle than my normal work and I like it very much.

7 comments:

Kathy said...

You are just so very good at putting your created pieces of fabric together! Love this one!

Gari in AL said...

Surface design with flour, paste, paint and thread. Excellent.

The Inside Stori said...

The quilting was well worth the wait......perfect compliment to your fabrics!

Robbie said...

Very nice!!!

Cathy Tomm said...

great work. I like the quilting you did.

Leslie Tucker Jenison said...

Just beautiful, Kay. I love the quilt! The colors are stunning.

Robin said...

All it needs is a cat on the top of the fence. Love how the quilting accents the colors of the fabrics.