I needed a little time to resolve some quilting and structural issues this quilt created.
I was able to resolve them. The quilt hangs perfectly flat.
I did almost all the quilting in the ditch through the quilt and the batting only. Because it is in the ditch it is hard to see.
I stitched 1/2 inch from the edge of the quilt and removed the batting from the seam allowance. I folded the 1/2 inch under and ironed it in place.
I cut the backing fabric the same size as the front of the quilt and fused a piece of Timtex (cut 3/4 inch smaller than the backing) to the wrong side of the fabric.
I folded the edge over the Timtex and fused the edge in place.
I put the batting and Timtex together and fused everything very securely.
This is the finished back of the quilt. I hand stitched the backing to the quilt around the edge.
I made a thread loop close to the top of the quilt on the back to hang it.
This shows the seam I created in the backing 2 inches from the bottom.
I inserted a 1” finished rod pocket in the seam.
I inserted this tent pole in the casing which just happened to be the exact length I needed. It makes the bottom hang perfectly straight.
A PERFECT finish for a unique quilt!