Monday, December 15, 2008

December Star


Anderson Arts Center published a calendar for their 10th anniversary in 2003.
13 artists who had had solo shows there were invited to be a part of this.
My quilt was chosen for December - how appropriate since it featured a star (or a mariners compass) design using mostly border prints. The title is Bordering On A New Millenium. It was my entry into the Jinny Beyer Bordering on Brilliance competition and I am pleased to say I won first place large quilts.
This is a 94 inch square quilt and I finally have a wall to hang it on.
Yes, that is me in the picture but it is not one of my most recent photos!

This is the front of the calendar featuring the Anderson Arts Center. You can find out more about it by going to: http://www.andersonartscenter.com/

Tonight's puzzle is a stretched out version of this quilt.
Click to Mix and Solve