Monday, December 15, 2008

Thoughts after blogging for 3 months-second post tonight

I am writing this after I have blogged for 3 months.
I had no idea where I was heading when I began this journey.
What seems to be happening is I am documenting my work.
There will be early work, recent work, good work and some that's not so good.
But it has all has been important in my development as an artist.
Anything I share with you will be something that has meaning for me and has helped me to be what I am today and allow me to do what I am do today.
Those things I share won't all be quilts. They may be knitting, decorating, family traditions, or anything else I feel I'd like to share.
I am not someone who sets lofty goals and focuses on acheiving them.
Much of what I've done and where I've been has been the result of either being in the right place at the right time, adapting to the circumstances I'm dealt, working hard or having the courage to just do it.
It will be interesting to see how I feel about what I am sharing here in 3 more months.
It's not about recognition, making money, or getting high readership reports.
Hopefully sharing my work and experiences will make a difference in other’s lives by either inspiring them to do the work or just giving them some eye candy.
Oh, of course I can’t forget giving you brain exercise by doing the puzzles too.
Each and every day I get new surprises and experiences as I do this and for that I am very grateful.

5 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

And I am just glad to reconnect with you after not seeing you for quite a few years. Keep it up so I can catch up with all you have done.

Barbara Strobel Lardon said...

It is great getting to know you and see what you are up to. We learn things in the process as well. (And the puzzles are fun too!) Barb

Anonymous said...

I didn't realise that you had only been blogging for three months, I love seeing your work and the puzzles are addictive! Thank you for my daily fix! Christine

Kay Koeper Sorensen said...

Thanks for all the positive comments. I've only been blogging 3 months but I've been quilting over over 30 years.
I'm glad you are learning things from my blogs - I guess you can't take the teacher out of me! I love to share and inspire and hopefully pass along a little information and some hints. I enjoy doing puzzles so much that I thought some of you would and that seems to be true. I'm glad you like them.
K

Deb said...

I love your blog and it's one of ones that I check on a regular basis! You're such an inspiration both quilting and blogging! Thanks so much for all of it!