Saturday, December 27, 2008

Gradual Gradations 7


This is the quilt you saw in the background on the Christmas Eve photos.
It was done with fabric I dyed with a special method I developed. It was cut into strips and then manipulated.

Here is another view of the same quilt. It is hanging in the Anderson Arts Center during my previous solo exhibition. It uses the "tool" of intersecting fields of color.

This is a closeup of the quilting. You can click on it to enlarge it. The quilting was designed to enhance the curves created by the manipulation of the colors. I had to do a lot of starting and stopping when I quilted this. I tried to come up with a design that would require less starting and stopping but nothing else was appropriate for the design. This photo also is closest to the true colors of the quilt.
Today's puzzle is my other favorite Bella. She belongs to my friend Tommy Fitzsimmons.
Click to Mix and Solve

No comments: