Saturday, December 6, 2008

More Quilt Designs


This is another quilt I designed on the computer but never made in fabric.
At the time I designed it there probably wasn't even fabric available that I could make it with. Today there are shaded fabrics that could make this work.


This design could be a quilt block or an entire quilt.
I teach a class called Honey I Blew Up The Block and this design was an example for that class. By choosing appropriate fabrics you can piece a simple quilt and let the fabrics do the work.


This is yet another quilt I designed and never made. This one would be a challenge to piece and would be just as big or a bigger challenge to fuse.
When I did these design experiments I had no end result in mind. I just tried different things until I came up with something I liked. I also didn't consider whether they would be practical to construct. I was more interested in learning to use the program so that eventually I could use it to design quilts.
Click to Mix and Solve
Here's a puzzle that will show you a small section of June Series 19, the quilt I finished yesterday.

2 comments:

Judi said...

Great quilts. 5:49 on this puzzle.

Geta Grama said...

Wow, these designs are spectacular.