Tuesday, May 18, 2010

If You Could Read My Mind!

All of the fabrics I am sharing with you today were things I had started a while ago. Each one needed a little or a lot of help to make them work.


This started as a piece of off white silk noil. I had done a rust screen print on it and it just floated there with no meaning. I added 3 other layers to it to make it work.


Originally this was a piece I created by layering several fabrics and painting them with a very watery paint. The top fabric in the pile has paint all over it. The lower pieces is the pile sometimes get very little paint, and sometimes get quite a bit of the paint. Part of the fabric had no paint on it. Three more layers of design and I am satisfied with this piece.



This was the cutaway area from another layered painting I did. I saturated it with several colors of paint. The entire edge will be trimmed in an irregular manner similar to most of the current edge. Even if you could read my mind there is nothing there yet about this piece. I am not sure how I will use it. I just know I like it and I will use it.


The colors on this piece of silk are very intense. It, too, had some white areas and I overpainted them to create a finished piece.

2 comments:

Michele/TextileTraveler said...

Some of my favorite pieces evolved from fabric so ugly I thought I would have to throw it out! Thanks for sharing.

Robbie said...

Fabrics look like watercolor paintings, don't they..Our fiber group did a challenge one year of taking a piece of 'ugly' fabric and passing on to each in the group. We got some really neat pieces and yes, some not so neat but heck they were ugly to start with! I've used up my piece actually using the 'back' as a front! Thanks for sharing your experience!