Thursday, May 27, 2010

So Long Farewell, Auf Weidersehen Good-bye


I hated to see Jim and Marilyn leave this morning. Their visit was one of the highlights of my time in Florida this season.

It is interesting how much Jim and I have in common. We are first cousins. We saw each other sporadically during our growing up years as we lived in different parts of the country. We lost track of each other for 40 years.

Yet, when we get together it was so obvious that we had so many similar personality traits and a family resemblances. I am already looking forward to the next time I will see them.

Our parents spent time together in Florida many years ago and I was able to give Jim a photo of our dad's, who were brothers, when they were together in Florida from that time.

I had dinner with my friends Lynn and John at their house this evening. It was a delicious dinner of salad, steak, baked potato and corn on the cob. After dinner John had things to do but Lynn and I got to catch up a little with our lives and activities.



When I returned home I cut the pieces for this quilt and sewed them together.
I am quite pleased with it. These were 3 of the fabrics I used flour paste resist on and/or painted.


It will be interesting to see how easy it is to put the pieces of this simple, yet complex cloth quilt together.
Click to Mix and Solve

No comments: