It was just one month ago today the last time I showed you this quilt.
It often takes time for a quilt to tell me what it wants and this one is very slow.
I cut out the quilt with a gentle curve on the edge. I finished the edge with a zigzag stitch.
You can see the zigzag edge in this photo. I added another layer of the fusible behind the quilt which meant there were 3-4 layers of fusible at this point. I then fused it to the green mottled hand dyed fabric which was fused to a batting. Now we had 4-5 layers of fusible. That was then fused to a backing which means 5-6 layers of fusible.
I then attempted to zigzag over the previous stitching and had a lot of trouble with skipped stitches. Eventually I realized it was because of the number of layers of the fusible. I will try again with my other sewing machine which is slightly less temperamental! Even a less temperamental machine may not be able to handle this many layers, but I'm going to give it the old college try! Wish me luck!