Thursday, March 26, 2009

Counting down: 3 more days to see Quilts: Another Dimension


Colors Of My Life 16 was a challenging quilt to design. The inset shades from dark at the top to light at the bottom while the outer section does just the opposite.
It uses the same and similar fabrics in each section. The challenge was to keep the values different in the medium area on each section so the separation would still be obvious. Eventually I was able to achieve my goal.

You still have three more days to see the show "Quilts: Another Dimension". My solo show features two series: The Colors Of My Life and June. All the details and hours are on my blog in the right column. The show also has the work of 4 other quilt artists who work in 3 dimensions. They are: Frances Holliday Alford, Pamela Allen, Sonji Hunt and Clair Fenton. It's a incredible show in a marvelous facility. I'm not just saying that because I am the featured artist.

For those of you who can not get there I have shared many photos from the show on this blog. To see posts related to the show all you have to do is put either June, The Colors of My Life or Quilts: Another Dimension in the white box at the top left on my blog. Then click on Search blog to the right of the box. Many of the posts will then magically appear.

The Colors Of My Life 16 is tonight's puzzle. Enjoy.
Click to Mix and Solve

1 comment:

Eva said...

I'm staring and staring