Saturday, March 14, 2009

If Vasarely did The Colors Of My Life 8 & 9


I was looking at some Vasarely images and I thought "I can do that with some of my quilt images." So here you have a combination of The Colors Of My Life 8 and 9 together each with a oval sphere in the center.
I love the challenge of figuring out how to do these manipulations of my quilts with Corel Draw.

If I wanted to I could actually print this in the size I wanted to make it, cut out templates and make this from fabric. I have no intention of doing that. I know what it would look like and there is no reason for me to make an actual quilt from this design.

This was the Vasarely inspiration image. I was not trying to do the exact same type of image - just something with the double sphere.

Vasarely is one of my two favorite artists. The other is Agam. Many people are not familiar with either of these artists.

Tonight's puzzle is the Vasarely inspired adaptation of The Colors Of My Life 8.
Click to Mix and Solve

3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Vasarely was always one of my favorites too. I loved his black and white paintings. Are you sure we aren't sisters?

Eva said...

"Pregnant woman under quilt..."
Sorry, had to be.

Jeri said...

Very cool manipulation, kay. I know what you mean about knowing what it will look like taking the fun out of making it, but this is a fun idea for quilt designs. It does induce people to want to touch it to find out if the bulge is real, though!
Great stuff.