Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Baubles, Bangles and Beads

Today was another clay day for me. I tried to use up some of the canes we started yesterday, along with using some of the finished canes Terry sent me.


My supply of amulets I share with my guests is getting low. I completed these to help replenish the tray of amulets. As soon as I get the proper pen to sign them, these will be added to the tray.

To see a larger version of either of these photos click on them.


I had lunch with a friend and told her how I made bowls for my family for Christmas last year. That got me thinking and I realized the finished canes I have would be the perfect way to make some bowls.

I made this small bowl today. It is about the size of a sauce dish. That is what I used to make it. It was made entirely from Terry's finished canes.

The round puzzle cut is perfect for this bowl. It is also one of the easiest to do.
Click to Mix and Solve

3 comments:

Terri Stegmiller said...

Oh wow Kay! That bowl is super awesome! I recognize the canes too. Glad you are able to put them to good use.

Kay Koeper Sorensen said...

It is so much fun to try to figure out what to do with the fantastic canes you made.
There WILL be more bowls - and I am planning on doing a really BIG one!

Having the canes all made saves me at least 90% of the time.

Eva said...

Fantastic! The canes are very intricate. Glorious effect. I might get back to it if I see this.