Monday, April 26, 2010

Comfort Foods


It's strawberry reason in Florida.
Strawberry shortcake is one of my all time favorite desserts.

Sometimes I just have the strawberries and the whipped cream. Mmmmmmmmmmmm!
One can never have TOO much whipped cream!



Sometimes I use those individual sponge cakes to make it.



Sometimes I use angel food cake from the grocery store.



But for real "comfort food" strawberry shortcake there is nothing like home made sweet biscuits.
I use Bisquick to make them. It had been so long since I had bought a box of it I didn't even know where to look in the store!



Here is everything ready to assemble the shortcakes.



And that is what I have been serving when I have guests.

Be sure to let me know when you are coming so I can make strawberry shortcake for you too!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will be by next week. Spring strawberry shortcake yummm - and I like BEST the sweet bisquits but your post brought memories of all the ways my mother would fix it..... from this end of 50 I can see the "cake" part was a function of how much time or $$ she had when she had stawberries.

Anonymous said...

If only you would have made the whipped cream from scratch, then I would give you an A+

Iris said...

I want to come, too!