Friday, April 30, 2010

Call Me Irresponsible

It's been a while since I had quilts to share.
I've neglected the puzzles.

But I've been living the good life with my friends.
Tonight I'm sharing the progress on a quilt I showed you some time ago.


This is the quilt as I showed it to you quite some time ago. I was not happy with it.
I knew it needed some changes. I made several changes and am pleased with it now.



In this photo you can see the difference between the before and after. I also have quilted it.



This is a closeup of the quilting. If you click the image it will enlarge so you can see it better. I used Oliver Twist thread in a green/brown blend of colors. It shows off the quilting but doesn't jump out at you.
I chose a curve quilting design in this part of the quilt to emphasize the movement I created with the applique pieces.



The quilting on the right of the quilt is vertical curved line quilting to emphasize the design in that area.

All photos are clickable to see the detail better.

And for your pleasure puzzles are back!
Click to Mix and Solve

3 comments:

Elaine said...

I like this quilt. Way to go.

Suzanne Sanger said...

Wonderful piece, Kay! I love it.

Iris said...

Impressive design editing Kay! Totally changed the power of the piece. And I love your colors too.