Monday, April 5, 2010

In the Spring a Quilter's Fancy Turns to Quilt Cars!


I have no idea who created the first quilt car, but I think they are so much fun.



How many of us have enough sample blocks to cover a car with in our boxes under the bed?



I think most of these are done by quilt guilds, shops or clubs.


Quilters soon run out of beds to cover, walls to hang quilts on and turn their efforts to anything else they can imagine.



It would be so much fun to drive one of these and watch peoples reactions!



If your community has a parade this would be the greatest thing to drive in the parade.


Even trucks are fair game when it comes to being covered with quilt blocks.

If you would like to see even more quilt cars go to:
http://quiltspluscolor.blogspot.com/2010/04/in-spring-quilters-fancy-turns-to-quilt_15.html

Certainly this car would be the Star of The Parade!
Click to Mix and Solve

9 comments:

Scarlett Burroughs said...

Love these dressed up vehicles so much I linked to them here.

http://quilting.craftgossip.com/color-our-world-with-patchwork/2010/04/05/

Warm regards,
Scarlett Burroughs
Quilting Editor, Craft Gossip

Eva said...

A very funny idea for states with little rain! Wouldn't work in our region.

Snowcatcher said...

I'd never seen such a thing! What a hoot! Thanks for the inspiration!

Mishka said...

These are fabulous, thanks for sharing.

Stitch 'n Dye said...

Kay

hilarious!! I think these are so cool. I have sent the link to this blog entry to my sister and a couple of friends. Something definately not to be missed. If beds can have quilts why not cars too.

Love Sue xxx

Kathryn said...

These are awesome. I am blogging this on my site and linking back to you - my site is http://quiltspluscolor.blogspot.com/2010/04/in-spring-quilters-fancy-turns-to-quilt.html.

Thanks for sharing this with us!

Marilyn said...

These are hilarious!!

Isabel C said...

Very nice and smiling cars!

Sandy said...

I love these quilt cars! How creative!