Saturday, April 24, 2010

I Don't Know Why I Love You Like I Do

I don't know why, I just do!

What is it about patchwork furniture that makes me love it?



Is it the varying fabrics with their complementary textures?



Is it the sophistication that is unexpected with patchwork?



For this chair they have actually pieced a diamond patchwork fabric and used the buttons to emphasize this.



I thought this was a very interesting chair. It appears that the triangles are pieced and then added to the upholstery. When I look at this I can't help but think about how this would be a great solution if you got a hole in the fabric of a piece of furniture. It is a very sophisticated look.



While you could say this is just a blue chair, it takes the meaning of a blue chair to a whole new level.



This chair looks like it is a companion piece to the double wedding ring couch I showed you yesterday.


I still have so many other pieces of patchwork furniture to share with you. If you are interested in seeing more, let me know.

7 comments:

Nancy said...

Love these. Wish they were in my house.

Colleen said...

Thank you so much for sharing the patchwork upholstered furniture pics. They are all yummy! I am planning to do a quilt covered chair for the next (who knows when) grandchilds room!
Colleen

www.welovequilting.com said...

I looked for a patchwork couch when I remodeled my home and could not find one. YES I would love to see more pictures.

Jean S said...

I've never seen anything like that in our local stores. It just says sit down and snuggle into me. I would love it too.

Eva said...

Can't speak for you; but what I like about is that's the informal atmosphere around such pieces, the relaxed, private feeling. No need to be orderly and stiff and to behave as if you are a guest in the White House.

deanna7trees said...

more, please. Tempted to try it on one of my chairs.

Wen Redmond said...

Ok This is almost better than chocolate!