Monday, July 26, 2010

Decisions, Decisions! - Work In Progress


This is number 4 in a Series.
The first was a jacket and 2 and 3 were quilts that are hanging in my guest room.

This piece is fused. At this point the fabrics are fused to a sheet of Wonder Under.
I will be fusing it to batting, adding a backing and quilting it, all hopefully in the near future.



I still have to decide if I want to turn this 180 degrees before I finish it.

Another option is to crop something off the top or bottom.



I could also choose to hang this crosswise.

These are just a few of the decisions I make when creating art. It is important to listen to the piece and let it help me make my decisions.

So far this one hasn't spoken up loud enough to tell me how it wants to be seen. I'm listening and soon it may say something important.

3 comments:

Dolores said...

To my mind and eyes, the first photo feels right. It looks like layers of the earth - squished.

Linda and Michelle said...

Strata of the planet - I like it vertical - but you could do some slashing for "uplift" - great idea to just start a fusing piece!

Gayle Bong said...

REally? You just fuse directly to the wonder under then the batting? I had no idea. I will be looking at appliK in a new way after this. Like at the Machine Quilting Show in Milwaukee this next week.
See you there?