Wednesday, January 28, 2009

On the second day Kay created The Colors Of My Life 2



OK - I'm stretching the truth a little - it took a year before I created The Colors of My Life 2. My intention was to just take the left over squares from the first quilt and piece them together to make a back for the first quilt. After I had it partially completed I realized it was too good to be a back and I would make a second quilt. That is how the series began. This is the only quilt in the series than is not made up entirely of squares. The black fabric separating the squares is a solid strip of fabric. At the time I did this I had no idea that this would eventually become a series of 20 quilts concluding with The Colors Of My Life 20 - The Grand Finale.

Quilts: Another Dimension is the first time this series has been shown in its' entirety. They are more powerful when they are all shown together. The Anderson Arts Center is a perfect place to show this series. They are in a beautiful mansion in a beautiful location with great lighting. What more could any artist ask for?

My intention is to keep these quilts together and they will not be sold separately. I would also like to show them as a group in other suitable locations in other parts of the country.

I would like to thank all of you for your comments and emails about the quilts and the show. I tried to keep up responding to each of you but I found I just couldn't keep up. Thank you all for your positive responses and compliments.

I will be making a few more visits to the show before I leave for Florida. I will let you know when I'll be there if you would like to visit the show when I'm going to be there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoy your blog. Love the pictures of your quilts. Congrats on your show!

Katy S