Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Artist Trading Cards

Our little group of art quilters did an artist trading card exchange today.

Artist trading cardskays

These are the cards I made for the exchange. I used some Arashi Shibori fabric I dyed.

I embellished each of them with a “jewel” and some super fine glitter.

Artist trading cards others

These are the cards made by the rest of the group.

It never ceases to amaze me the variety of ideas and techniques the participants use in a project of this type.

As we exchanged them today we each shared what we did and how we did them.

As I look at each one I see the people who made them. We each used something that was really quite personal in them, whether we realized it or not.

We also shared ideas on how to display them.

Carol is going to hang hers on a ribbon, attaching only at the top so they can be turned over to see the signature.

I mentioned displaying them in a bowl as I do with mine in my guest room. Another idea is to use the clear plastic picks you get in a floral arrangement that holds the card telling you who it is from. You can put each card in a floral pick and display them in a plant, a flower pot or something else.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a great project and I agree with you about the variety that appears when a group trade. As always thanks for sharing.

Kay Webb said...

I want to play too. Jus saying