Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Fabric Dyeing Collaboration

Monday my friend Peggy and I did some experimenting dyeing fabric and using various chemicals and other things to see the effects they would have on the dyes.

 

Peggy-4

 

I am going to share just a few of the pieces we created with you.

peggy5

I was particularly impressed with this piece.

peggy7

This one gave some unique results we didn’t usually get with the chemical we used on it.

Peggy-6

We worked well together. Peggy would say I wonder what would happen if ……. and I would go and find if! We used “if” on this piece.

peggy-12

We both thought this one reminded us of watermelon. All it needs are seeds!

All of these are Peggy’s work.

I am not going to go into the chemicals, etc  we used at this time. I think we need to evaluate our results before we share them.

These are just a small sample of what we did and I will have more so stay tuned.

None of these were shibori dyed.

3 comments:

Eva said...

No 2 is my favourite! It reminds me of the ancient animal rug in the Pazyryk grave in Central Asia.
http://blog.sahararugs.com/tag/rugs/

Robin said...

Inter e s ting. lots of different techniques and fun was had by all!

Peggy said...

Thank you Kay! This was such fun and held such delightful surprises. Especially the "parfaits." I love it when you think something is a bust and it just turns around and proves you wrong!