Wednesday, May 30, 2012

My Studio: More Good – Less Bad and Ugly!

Studio organizationcredenzarightclosed

This is one of the “new to me” pieces of furniture I am using to organize my studio.

Studio organizationrightcredenzaopen

I have filled it with my painting supplies and some projects. It is great to have similar things all in one location.

Studio organizationmachinesondesk

This is the desk we brought up from the guest room. It is now a sewing machine desk!

Studio organizationsewingarea3leftdrawers

The three shallow drawers on the left were perfect for thread, sewing machine needles and other miscellaneous items I need at the machine.

Studio organizationdeskmiddledrawer

This little middle drawer is perfect for all those little things I can never seem to find.

Studio organizationdeskrightdrawer

The drawer on the right was a file drawer. It took me a while to come up with a way to use it. There are many sewing items I want at my finger tips and I have always kept them in silverware caddies on top of the sewing table.  I was able to fit all three of them in the drawer and still have room for the machine instruction books. There are just as convenient as they were before (maybe more so) and the sewing area looks a lot neater. How’s that for thinking outside the box!

Studio organization badanduglywednesday30th

In case you think this is almost finished and everything is ship shape I’m sharing ONE Bad and Ugly photo with you today.



Maybe you can put the pieces together again and neaten up my studio?
Click to Mix and Solve

10 comments:

pizzaeater said...

I love your creative space. I especially like your storage for your painting supplies.

Barbara Strobel Lardon said...

I thought your studio was fantastic before. Now it will be super fantastic. I love that storage piece for your painting supplies. Do those doors roll back?

Mary said...

Thanks for sharing the organizational ideas. Your project is coming along nicely.

Anonymous said...

isn't it interesting how some people thrive in congestion and some of us thrive in solitude--ie clear open spaces versus lots of stuff. Maybe that's the difference between extroverts and introverts.

Wish I was there to help you. I can't do heavy lifting anymore but I can sit and sort with the best.

sylvia in Texas waiting to go blueberry picking

Lizzie P said...

Love it! That piece of furniture is just right for the job - and the clear plastic machine table is on my wish list. Was inspired to do a clear-up after your last blog, and the result was a quilt cut out and ready to sew, plus fabrics for my grandson's quilt unearthed from my stash. Thanks, Kay!

Heather Pregger said...

Your bad and ugly kind of looks like my neat and tidy. I love your organizational ideas!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

What wonderful pieces of furniture you have! Both are working perfectly for you. Love that final picture, btw!

Kats Studio said...

I think your space is great. Is that a black and white scale quilt in the last picture? Thanks for sharing.

Sharon - IN said...

Your space looks great to me! No bad or ugly there!

Mystic Quilter said...

Your two pieces of furniture you show at the beginning of your post are super! What a great use for them in your studio.