Monday, March 8, 2010

A Few of My Favorite Things

Quilts and patchwork seem to show up in the most unexpected places.
I'd love to share some of my sightings with you.


















Although I think these are all new pieces of furniture this could be a great way to recycle furniture. You could use upholstery samples and this could be done very inexpensively.

My home is furnished with recycled furniture for the most part. I have things I have owned for up to 50 years. In addition to my own things I have family things that were not valuable that were being discarded. We have painted a lot of old furniture - some of it has been painted at least 4 different colors over the years. These pieces are like family and I could never get rid of them. I get a lot more satisfaction from doing this than I get from purchasing new furniture.

You can put this patchwork sofa together.
Click to Mix and Solve

2 comments:

Sue H said...

Oh, my, these really make my heart sing!

Eva said...

Fun furniture! My fav is the last one, and if I had the money, I swear I would take it home and make it the focus of my living room.